Work at Build House!
Build House is currently hiring for on-call and temporary part time positions for the summer months. We also have some full time positions that become available from time to time. A qualified candidate will have an interest in working with individuals with developmental disabilities. Please review carefully the essential job functions and the Job Requirements carefully before applying.
Build House is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome persons with disabilities, women, minorities and persons of color to apply.
Build House is a family-centered, safe and fun home for our very special children and youth, and our staff are a fundamental part of our community.
Essential Job Functions
Provide 24 hour care and assistance to 6 developmentally disabled youth at all times. Job requires the ability to transfer individuals to and from wheelchairs and other surfaces, including bathing and personal hygiene. Participate in community outings, work with volunteers and family members, attend meetings as directed by our management team and administer medication under the supervision of our Registered Nurse.
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- High school graduate or GED certificate.
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- At least one (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities and/or special needs preferred.
- Submission of a physical exam within six (6) months prior to employment or within 15 days after employment and annually thereafter and TB test.
- Submission of fingerprints via live scan and criminal record clearance prior to working directly with children.
- Complete course in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid. Renew annually.
- Ability to successfully pass certification in administration of medications within 1 month of employment.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and acceptable driving record per current printout from the Department of Motor Vehicles preferred.
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively and professionally with others in a team setting.
- Ability to learn and implement behavioral intervention training programs.
- Willingness to promote normalization, community integration and teach children social skills in the community such as using public transportation, accessing community resources and attending community events.
- Ability to follow and abide by all applicable state and federal regulations governing the operation of an ICF/DD-H facility.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
Please use the contact form on the main menu to let us know about your interest in joining the team at Build House.